Ofsted School Inspection Reports
Knollmead Primary School converted to a sponsor led academy as part of The Coombe Secondary Schools Academy Trust on 1st April 2014.
Knollmead Primary School Headlines July 2017
We would like to congratulate all of our pupils for their excellent test outcomes and progress this summer. The children have worked extremely hard and they fully deserve these fantastic results some of which are listed below! We are very proud of them all! Thank you to all staff for their hard work and dedication in securing these significant improvements in pupils’ outcomes particularly at key stage 2.
80% of all and 87% of mainstream children attained the Good Level of Development: 9% and 16% above national.
82% of all and 88% of mainstream children passed the phonics check: 1% and 7% above national.
71% of all and 79% of mainstream children attained the expected standard in reading, writing and maths: 7% and 15% above national.
In reading, 71% of all and 76% of mainstream children attained the expected standard: in line with and 5% above national. 31% of all and 33% of mainstream children attained the higher standard: 6% and 8% above national.
In writing, 80% of all and 85% of mainstream children attained the expected standard: 4% and 9% above national. 29% of all and 30% of mainstream children attained the greater depth standard; 4% and 5% above national.
In mathematics, 83% of all and 88% of mainstream children attained the expected standard: 8% and 13% above national. 40% of all and 42% of mainstream children attained the higher standard; 17% and 19% above national.
Key strengths 2017 at key stage 2
- Pupils’ outcomes at the end of key stage 2 in 2017 are good; they are above the national average and their progress in reading, writing and mathematics is significantly above average.
- Outcomes in 2017 for disadvantaged children are good at every threshold and their progress is significantly above average in reading, writing and mathematics at key stage 2.
- The progress of the most able pupils in 2017 including those who are disadvantaged is significantly above average in reading, writing and mathematics at key stage 2.
- The excellent quality of teaching, learning and assessment in 2017 has resulted in at least good outcomes and progress that is significantly above average for all pupils and groups of pupils in key stage 2.
- The impact of pupil premium funding and the detailed analysis of disadvantaged pupils’ progress throughout the year has resulted in their achievement in 2017 including the most able among them being significantly above average.
- The level of challenge for all pupils including the most able pupils in 2017 has been strong and has resulted in exceptionally strong outcomes at higher standard and greater depth in reading, writing and mathematics.
If you would like to know how Knollmead Primary School compares with other schools please follow the link below. Please note, this comparison is currently based on 2015-16 outcomes at Key Stage 2. Data for 2016-17 will be updated by the compare-school-performance website in December 2017; below is Knollmead's progress headline data as it will appear. A progress score of 0 is the National Average.
Please click on the link below to feedback to OFSTED your parent views: