Special Educational Needs
At Knollmead, we aim to create a learning environment which promotes challenge, encouragement, acceptance, respect for achievements, and sensitivity to individual needs. We identify those children with special educational needs as early as possible and quickly devise plans and strategies to meet their needs. These are monitored regularly with parents in line with our Special Educational Needs Policy.
If you are concerned that your child has special educational needs, we are keen for you come and share your concerns with the class teacher. If we identify difficulties, we will want to discuss them with you as soon as possible so that we can act together.
Trust Inclusion Manager & SENCo - Ms Sam Salih
For more information on all that we offer children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities at Knollmead, please download the following report.
The Local Offer is a website that provides information on local services and support available for families including children and young people aged 0-25 years with special educational needs or disabilities.
Please click on the link below, to access The Local Authority Local SEND offer.
The Local Offer website www.afclocaloffer.org.uk.
Email for enquiries and feedback firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 020 8547 4722
Parent carer forums are local groups of parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities who work alongside local authorities, education, health and other service providers to ensure the services they plan, commission, deliver and monitor, meet the needs of children and families. They also offer support and advice to families from a parent point of view.
SEND Family Voices (SFV) provides this service for Kingston and Richmond.
Phone 07469 746145
Independent Supporters can work with you and your child to ensure that your voices are heard. They offer a free, friendly, flexible service for families and young people. They offer support when:
- you have applied for an education health and care plan (EHCP) for your child
- your child has a statement that is transferring to an EHCP.
They aim to do this by:
- supporting you to understand the legal framework underpinning the changes in SEN
- helping you think through and identify what the changes mean for you
- attending or supporting you at meetings with the local authority or school
The local organisations that provide this service are:
Independent Support Partnership
Phone: 020 8831 6076
KIDS Richmond and Kingston SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDAISS)
Phone: 020 8831 6179
In addition to independent support, the information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) offer advice across a wide range of subjects. This may include help with personal budgets and how to use the Local Offer plus:
- support with understanding reports and letters, attending meetings and preparing for assessments and reviews
- information and signposting to support services in your area
- support with transition and preparing for adulthood
- support with and signposting to mediation
- advice and support on benefits
The Local Offer contains information on all the local organisations that can provide support and advice