Teacher of the Deaf
Teacher of the Deaf
MPS (Outer London) + SEN 1 - £2,106
Start Date: September 2018
Knollmead Primary School would like to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of the Deaf to work within the Hearing Impaired Specialist Provision at Knollmead Primary School and across the Coombe Academy Trust. This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding, enthusiastic and creative teacher to join us in raising standards for our learners.
Working alongside the Teacher of the Deaf in charge of the Trust provision, you will oversee the inclusion programme within the schools and coordinate the work of teachers, teaching assistants and professionals from other agencies who work with the children. You will also work closely with mainstream school staff.
We will offer you:
- Exciting opportunities across the Trust
- Our ongoing professional training and development includes National Professional Qualifications in Leadership
- Enthusiastic Staff Associations offering opportunities for staff sport and socialising
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Teacher of the Deaf
- Be an excellent (classroom) practitioner with over 5 years QTS experience
- Be able to plan effectively to meet the needs of all the children
- Be able to provide a stimulating learning environment which is conducive to high quality learning
- Be committed to high standards of progress and achievement
- Have good (classroom) organisation and assessment skills
- Have excellent written communication and report writing skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work as a team member with enthusiasm, energy and initiative.
- Willing to take an active role in the life of our school and the wider community
- Have high expectations of children and self
- Be confident in planning and delivering training to a variety of audiences.
- Have great interpersonal skills
This post requires a teacher who displays a thorough understanding of the needs of pupils with a hearing impairment.
Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school by appointment. An application form and further information are available to download from our website or alternatively please collect in person or request a pack in the post. More information about the school can be found on http://www.knollmeadprimary.co.uk
Online applications should be forwarded to email@example.com or posted to the Head teacher at the school address. Please note that CVs will not be accepted or applications from agencies.
Please be aware that emails you send us, and those that we may send to you, are not secure as email messages can be intercepted. We will hold your information securely, but there can be no guarantee of privacy with email communication. Therefore, we advise you do not to email any information which, if disclosed to unrelated third parties, would be likely to cause you distress. You should perform your own virus checks on any emails you receive.
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am on Tuesday 29th May 2018
We reserve the right to close early should the right candidate be found
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
The Coombe Academy Trust is fully committed to protecting its pupils and staff. We therefore have a rigorous and robust recruitment process that gathers evidence about a candidate’s suitability to work with children and have proactive safeguarding procedures in place.